Mr. John Welsh serves as the City's representative on the Charlotte County Marine Advisory Committee (MAC) which makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on marine related matters. Mr. Welsh's term will expire on December 31, 2020. He is eligible for reappointment.
Charlotte County will accept nominations from the City. City Council's nomination will be presented to the MAC for their review and a recommendation for appointment will then be forwarded to the Board of County Commissioners.
Applicants are required to complete the City's Board Appointment Form for consideration. The applicant/nominee will also be required to complete Charlotte County's Advisory Committee application.
The appointment will be for a three year term until December 31, 2023.
An excerpt from Charlotte County Resolution 2001-026, Section 8, defines the functions, powers and duties of this committee as follows:
- To evaluate, consider and review marine-related matters in the County.
- To consider and analyze the development and maintenance of marine-related facilities and waterways.
- To solicit input from the public that may assist with the duties listed above.
- To provide recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on issues related to those duties specified above or other duties assigned by the Board of Commissioners.
- To review and provide input on the Capital Improvement Budget for marine-related facilities.