The Laishley Park Municipal Marina operates a pumpout service for vessels in Charlotte Harbor which includes both unincorporated Charlotte County and City of Punta Gorda. Since 2014, the City has applied for funding from the Boater Revolving Fund Grant Program administered through the Charlotte County Marine Advisory Committee (MAC) for the operation, maintenance and repair of the pumpout vessel.
This is a cost reimbursement program for projects that will be completed within a single fiscal year; October 1 to September 30. Any unspent grant funds remaining at the end of the grant period will be retained by Charlotte County. The grant application processing schedule is as follows:
- January 31, 2020: Application period ends.
- February—March 2020: Charlotte County Marine Advisory Committee (MAC) reviews and prioritizes applications for formal recommendation to Board of County Commissioners (BCC).
- April 2020: Board of County Commissioners reviews MAC recommendation and votes on applications.
- July 2020: West Coast Inland Navigation District board votes on district applications for funding.
- July—September 2020: Grant contracts developed and signed.
- October 1, 2020: Fiscal Year 2021 grant funding begins.